Throughout the whole Orange prize experience I was confronted with evidence that women are uncomfortable with naked ambition, trained to have low expectations, embarrassed by head-to-head competition, and virtually obliged to act abashed when they win. In contrast to a certain other sex that will go unmentioned.
Lionel Shriver, on whether she expected to win the Orange book prize
- montrealmighteatitsyoung likes this
- combustamove likes this
- historianisms reblogged this from doubtingbones
- andreinaolivet likes this
- harperbooks likes this
- anabacus likes this
- hellogoodbai said: love it. just love the shit out of her response even though i don’t entirely agree with her. god, i just love how unpleasant she is!
- hellogoodbai reblogged this from doubtingbones
- hellogoodbai likes this
- doubtingbones posted this